Monday, December 13, 2010

The Year of the Tick & The Life of a Grasshopper.

I would love to have some words of wisdom for this year’s end, but I would really like to write a nasty and mean spirited note. I've wanted to say a whole lot of go eff yourselves to a large number of people this past year more than ever recorded in my personal history.

The one common thread amongst all of those people is that they are Ticks. Ticks have a way of attaching themselves to you. You don't mind so much because it seems insignificant because they are so small and only 1.

After a time you notice that you have 3 then 9 then 11 then 35, yet you don't mind because you pull them off with tweezers. Then you finally notice that you have 77 Ticks on you, you rid yourself of them, you initially feel better, but that fades after three days. Then you notice after that third day that you are extremely ill, and the people you once considered friends, are no longer there.

You end up realizing that with the one, two and third tick it was not much, but it wasn't until after they drained you that it became serious. I've dealt with so many Ticks in the past year to date, that I have had to learn a valuable lesson. I'm staying out of certain forests.

The Tropical Rain Forest looks great on video, pictures and print. Yet in reality, it’s the Ticks and alike that will kill you. No big monsters in the Tropical Rain Forest, yet everyone who is in that forest is all infected by the same bug, that is no longer for I.

I’ve been wanting Ticks stop being Ticks, but alas. A Tick shall be nothing more than a Tick, and I am a fool for thinking that it should be something more, because it is not possible. If you’re a Tick, be the best tick possible. If you’re a Grasshopper, be the best Grasshopper possible.

Me, I need to stop being naive and accept what I see, and then move on from there. We all can’t be grasshoppers, and I should stop assuming that Ticks would want to aspire to be more than that, because someone out there would love for me to be a Tarantula, and all I can be is a Grasshopper.

No comments: