Sunday, July 4, 2010

Every time Eminem drops an album.......

Why do i have to become the official spokes person for his music? when truth be told, i really don't enjoy his music, i like his raps on occasion, is he one of the greatest, yes. do i buy his music the day it drops, not a chance in hell. People from back home ruined that shit.

When you listen to people say they don't listen to "black rap" and all they listen to is Eminem and ICP, and the real thing is, that turned me off to his music completely. After hearing that more then fifty-eleven times, i said peace out to his music. I only gave it another shot coming to Chicago.

One thing i really get mad at is when any a-hole writes a review about a hip-hop CD they immediately throw out that the rappers are misogynistic and homophobic, when realistically that is a pretty subliminal racist statement. Black males have always had to fight this image of being Violent, Overly Sexed, and Homophobic. So, when they are throwing that knee jerk hip-hop pejorative around, i don't miss that for a second.

I have a lot of black friends who just don't like to be around Gay people, and have everyday struggles with women and the mothers of there children, but Only with white people have i heard of them openly talking about lynching gays, and being proud of slapping women. Em talks about both of those things with supreme microphone skills.

Eminem has set the bar for Misogynistic rap, shit he has killed and raped so many women on his albums, how do people keep buying it? but T-Pain admiring strippers is an abomination? ya'll got it twisted. Em clearly has so many issues with Women, its amazing that women buy his albums. But, it's all right cuz he's all white with ya'll. lol!

I get tired of people thinking thats how i ride is with Em, truth be told, i have never paid full price for any of his music, he's an artist that i would steal off the internet, his albums don't excite me. They excite me as much as Rakim and Nas, super lyrical but outside of that, meh. I don't even defend his art, its in defensible.

Realistically, I look at Em the same way as BET, they are both minstrel shows in there own right. I was repping hip-hop back when i first heard the Beastie Boys back when i was 6 years old. Those dudes are the just hip-hop, no one ever gave a shit that they are Jewish/White, they just made ill music.

Making great music is all i ever care about, honestly, lyrics are one of the last things i ever pay attention too. when your lyrics are the only focus on a track, you should have done a spoken word album, your voice should blend in the music and just exist with part of it, and not be all of the track.

All i ever care about in music is that you make music for my soul, Eminem does not make music for my soul, there is only one song of his i can play over and over, The Way I Am. Because truth be told, I am what ever you say I am. If i wasn't, then why would I say i am? The news, the paper, every day i am. I don't know, thats just the way i am. I couldn't agree more with Em.

So please stop asking me to review his albums already, next review will be Curren$y, Jet Life fool!!!!