Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson 1958-1995

you know, i have a lot of emotions when thinking about MJ, but the one thing that remains constant with me is Michael until 1995. Michael until 1995 was amazing, i never idolized him but i sure as hell did admire him. he could sing, command a song and really really entertain. I remember listening to The Jackson 5 as a kid and remember wearing my bothers Bad jacket as it got passed down to me. Mike was the man until 95.

Mike anytime after that got really strange it was horrible to see him become a caricature of the man he used to be, but maybe never was. I didn't know mike personally, and I'm not sure how many of you did. None of us know for sure whether or not that he actually did or did not molest those kids. I don't know him personally, but there was a lot of weird behavior exuded from him post 95.

I watched a man i admired to become this white ghoulish like creature and my thoughts on him began to change. Mike also stopped doing the thing that would win over anyone, making music. It's sad but if Mike continued to make music during that time he more than likely wouldn't have had any problems with the kids.

I digress. That is not what i want to focus on at all. what i do want to focus on is what do we really want to remember him or even ourselves when we die. I don't think I know anyone that actually knows MJ personally, and i mean personally. I don't know much accept what the media puts out there, and also put a few pieces of the puzzle together to draw my own conclusion.

It was just sad in the last almost 15 years that MJ became a sad story, but pretty much to his own demise to be perfectly honest. some of his public behavior was erratic and just blatantly disturbing, it was sad that you did not get to see the other half of the man, what ever that may have been post 95 MJ.

I think there are a lot of people saddened not by the fact that he is dead, but more the fact that they are part of the reason he was driven to seclusion and living in Bahrain for a few years. I don't think there are many people that can defend a good portion of his actions, because i would not even want to try. Is he a flawed character, yes, but did his music do good, more then he would have ever realized, and more than fans would have ever realized had he not died today.

It is sad that MJ sang a song that is so fitting for so many in our lives. one of the most powerful songs that changed many lives(including mine). I think it is sad that MJ could not pull it together and sing that song to him self. "I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. No message could have been any clearer. If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the CHANGE."

RIP Michael Jackson. you will live on in infamy. Peace and thank you for all of your amazing art.

sincerely and respectively,

Icy Mike.

No comments: